The Dynamic Edition of the Declaration of Arbroath
- A Guide to using the Dynamic Edition of the Declaration
- Methodology for the new edition of the Declaration of Arbroath
- The manuscripts of the Declaration
- Translating the Declaration of Arbroath
- 'Dynamic' Symbols: An Aide-Memoire
- How to cite
This section provides a brief introduction to the Dynamic Edition of the Declaration, introducing you to the versions of the Declaration, and how we have approached editing their texts in an innovative way.
The Dynamic Edition of the Declaration of Arbroath shows you the different versions of the Declaration which were available to be read in medieval Scotland.
It is the first edition which not only provides a text and translation of the iconic 'file copy' but also reveals how the text changed and rewritten as it was circulated and copied in Scotland in the central Middle Ages.
Far from the Declaration being a single text, there are six different versions of the Declaration which we know were circulating in medieval Scotland.