The Dynamic Edition of the Declaration of Arbroath
- The 'dynamic' edition: Key Concepts
- Understanding 'dynamic' text
- Using the dynamic edition
The Declaration of Arbroath
- Methodology for the new edition of the Declaration of Arbroath
- The manuscripts of the Declaration
- Translating the Declaration of Arbroath
A model of a dynamic edition of Regiam maiestatem
- Historical Introduction
- Description of the manuscripts
- Translating Regiam
- 'Dynamic' Symbols: An Aide-Memoire
- How to Cite
The new Dynamic Edition of the Declaration of Arbroath shows you the different versions of the Declaration which were available to be read in medieval Scotland.
It is the first edition which not only provides a text and translation of the iconic 'file copy' but also reveals how the text changed and rewritten as it was circulated and copied in Scotland in the central Middle Ages.